How can we build a new brand identity with the support of the destination stakeholders ?
The european snowsports market is mature and getting more and more competitive. Les Sybelles ski area holds a complex position, squeezed between the biggest Northern Alps interconnected ski areas, its smaller local neighbour resorts and further “access” resorts with aggressive pricing and promotion. To keep up , Les Sybelles needs to deliver an impactful USP, supported by all the destination stakeholders.
- Conducting one to one interviews with destination stakeholders: tourism office, retailers, hotels, city council
- Analyzing external and internal data: e-reputation, visits and sales, customer surveys, princing,
- Reviewing marketing and communication plans
We then set up a 2 day workshop with participants from diverse horizons who wanted to help: customers, tour operators, providers, resort professionals…
- Opening minds on user experience subjects by meeting with Aéroports de Lyon, Halles Paul Bocuse, Accor…
- Co-creating customer personas and experiences
- Brainstorming on the brand positioning content: ambition, USP, identity…
Writing the brand guidelines with the Poprock brand platform tool: vision, ambition, main targets, mission, USP,
- Quickwins: we defined with the team a shortlist of immediate actions for
- Supporting project management: sourcing and briefing agencies for a new identity and website, following the creation of new resort services and activities on the ski area, events program…
different partners engaged in the cocreation approach
projects on the way for winter 2017-2018.
customer personas defined as primary targets
Les Sybelles brand book will be a guideline for all the destination professionals and partners.