Boosting a destination attractiveness by reinventing the ski and après ski experience
Arc 1800 is the biggest village in Les Arcs ski resort in France, with almost 20 000 beds. In the last years the number of visitors had dropped, due to icompetition from more modern and attractive resorts, a lack of après-ski and non ski activities, and overcrowded slopes. It was crucial for the city and the ski area operator to propose something different, that could create significant value and attract visitors to the destination.
Poprock assisted Les Arcs skilifts operating company ADS in the design of Mille 8’s customer experience.
Engaging stakeholders in the project
- We asembled a group of people representing all aspects of the customer experience in the mountian (summer and winter): local riders, snowpark shapers, ski patrols, MTB schools, marketing teams, rental shops, events organizers, welcome teams…
- We conducted creativity workshops with them
Defining the primary customer targets
- Getting customer insights in focus groups
- Profiling user personas : lifestyle, drivers, expectations…
We then conducted experience design workshops:
- Writing the user journeys
- Identifying activities, key moments, pain points.
- Mapping all aspects of the experience, for every activity, : technical elements, human interactions, storytelling, events, services
- Writing the functional specifications
persons from diverse horizons engaged in the workshops
years of project management
MILLE8, REINVENTING THE ON-MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE
10 new activities were developed in Arc 1800: an aquatic center located on the slopes, a sledding run, freestyle area, pedestrian discovery paths, wood cabins, a restaurant and shops, beginners, kids and adventure areas, a dedicated event program…